To qualify to become a dental patient, individuals must be:

  • A resident in one of the following counties: Indiana- Adams, Allen, DeKalb, Huntington, Kosciusko, LaGrange, Noble, Steuben, Wabash, Wells, Whitley; Ohio- Defiance, Paulding, Van Wert, Williams
  • Age: 18 years or older
  • Have no dental insurance (including Medicaid or HIP Dental Benefits)
  • Fall at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level

Matthew 25 Dental clinic does provide treatment for Veterans and patients that have Medicare (since Medicare does not provide dental coverage).

Your donations help to cover the costs of providing your care

  • Please donate $5 for a dental walk-in visit
  • Please donate $10 for a scheduled dental appointment

To become a dental patient...

You must come to a walk-in clinic on Monday, Wednesday, or Thursday at 8:15am or Tuesday at 5:30pm. The Dental walk-in clinic sees patients on a lottery basis. There is no guarantee that you will be seen that day. To be entered in the lottery drawing, patients must be present at 8:15am on Monday, Wednesday, or Thursday, and at 5:30pm on Tuesday as spaces are limited. If your name is drawn, there can be up to a four hour wait.

Emergencies will be triaged on a case-by-case basis. Walk-in clinic times are subject to change due to dentist availability.

Emergencies: issue defined as pain, discomfort, or swelling.
Non-Emergencies: Issues such as complete exams, cleanings, restorations, partials, and dentures.

To become a dental patient you must bring all 5 items from the list below:

  • 1. Photo identification (drivers license, employee ID, etc.).
  • 2. Proof of residence in County supplied by mail in your name and current address (such as a bill or lease). If person is not a U.S. citizen, you must provide a Resident card, Green card, or an Embassy card.
  • 3. Proof of all household income for one month:
    • 1 month of continuous paycheck stubs (within the last two months) if employed.
    • Statement of household income (or lack of income) which includes legal spouse and children under 21 (25 if full time student). If other persons living in the home are contributing financially to the household, their contributions must be declared as income. If you are of age and living at home, with relatives in their home, or with another person in his or her home, then you must bring a letter from the person with whom you are living stating that they are not financially responsible for you and that he/she is providing you free room and board.
    • Documentation showing your Social Security, Disability, SSI, Unemployment, Pension, Alimony, and Child Support
  • 4. Proof that you have applied for Unemployment, Medicaid and/or Disability. This can be an application or denial letter from the appropriate agency. Veterans are not accepted as patients unless they furnish a letter from the Veterans Administration declaring their ineligibility for VA benefits.
  • 5. The names, dosages, and frequency of all medications you are taking.

You must have all the above documentation with you at the time of registration, as applications cannot be processed without them.